A BIT ABOUT CONTRACTS
1) Within the first 2 (two) years of the Puppy’s life, we offer a
replacement for known and proven inherited illnesses that we have screened
their parent's for should the puppy come down with any illness that we have
screened their parent's for. Your puppy is guaranteed, not to have Degenerative Myelopathy, Von Willebrand's
Disease and Neonatal Encephalopathy with Seizures Disorder. If Bijou replaces your pup,
the first pup must return to Bijou. This is to ensure that that ill puppy has
superior quality of life. Some diseases can be formidably expensive and Bijou
wishes to assume risk at our Vet. Every breeding is done with great care,
thought and research; however, unexpected recessives can be evidenced, even
though all health testing had been done on sire and dam. Buyer pays all
shipping costs involved in returning and receiving replacement puppy. Should
puppy die or be euthanized, puppy's medical reports in English, Record of inoculation, Registration Papers and
microchip Implant will be sent to Breeder for documentation purposes and proof
of ownership and compliance of purchase agreement. If a replacement is obtained owners will sign a new agreement.
It is BUYER'S responsibility to keep the puppy package and registration papers in a safe place and NOT throw out.
2) Buyer will send Bijou a photo of the puppy at one year of age, which will be of digital quality that Bijou can use for advertising purposes (ie not taken with your iphone).We ask for a photo because it is paramount that we know how our breeding program is doing. We want to know if our pups are maturing the way we expect physically. We also want proof that our pups are well cared for and in good health and this is at least one method to accomplish this. We may even use your photos and comments to display on our web page.
3) The Buyer agrees that if at any time or for any reason they cannot keep the pup/dog, they must notify Bijou Standard Poodles who will always take the puppy back or offer to aid in his/her placement.We know that sometimes unforeseen circumstances may lead to the possibility that you can no longer care for your Bijou puppy.
Registration papers were provided at time of purchase either in hand or
in the bottom of the cage that puppy was shipped in OR will follow in the mail.
It is up to Buyer to transfer the papers into the Buyers names should Buyer wish to do so.
"K-Lar" prefix is to remain on our brown puppies and "Bijou" prefix is to remain on our red puppies. All our pet puppies are sold with "limited" registration papers. Bijou is not responsible for any further registration process costs, or in obtaining any other organizations registration papers.
5) Buyer will not vaccinate for Rabies in combination with any other
vaccine. Buyer agrees to never vaccinate their puppy with a Rabies Vaccine before 6 months of age. Buyer agrees to never Vaccinate
within 2 weeks of the puppy having any kind of surgical procedure, or if there
is even the slightest question that puppy may be ill.
Buyer will notify Breeder immediately should a Vet say puppy is in need of any surgery or medical treatments are recommended BEFORE surgery or treatments are done.
Contract will be void of Buyer Vaccinates puppy yearly, vaccinates yearly for Rabies
or vaccinates for Lepto and or Corona
We follow Dr. Jean Dodd's protocol on Vaccinations: Vaccines
6) Buyer agrees to provide routine veterinary care for the puppy including proper vaccinations or protocals, routine worm checks and to keep records of such care should Buyer have to return the puppy for replacement. Buyer understands contract will be void if Buyer fails to provide routine veterinary care, if puppy is sold, bred, transferred or injured by accident or neglect or if any of the terms of this agreement are not followed.We have heard of instances where a puppy was returned to a breeder that had a broken leg. We have had a puppy returned to us and soon discovered something was wrong with it and our Vet discovered it had a brain injury from a blow to the head. As a breeder the only control we have over our pups care to ensure they are treated well and cared for properly is when they are in our own care. The next best thing is to receive records from your Vet that will at least offer us some sort of record of what medically owners have done for their pet.
7) We highly recommend Buyer take and graduate from a Basic Obedience Class taught by an accredited Trainer (CAPPDT) or School and by trainers who have AKC, UKC or CKC titles on the dogs that they own. The Buyer will assume any further medical and legal costs involved in caring and maintaining the puppy as of the day of purchase. We would be happy to review any online information for schools or trainers you are considering.We will provide our puppy people with a Confident, happy, vet checked healthy puppy. Our puppy people have seen their pups develop and grow weekly in videos and photos that were provided. Buyers receive a puppy ready to mold into the perfect companion. From this moment on, any behaviour good or bad is contingent upon the puppy parent’s skills in raising a puppy. This means they can sail through training or struggle with the basics such as how to stop puppy from nipping or jumping. Totally up to Puppy Parent’s and their training skills how well a puppy behaves. This is why we strongly suggest our Puppy Parent’s get professional help, to ensure they will not struggle with learning how to teach puppy the basics. We want our puppy parents to succeed and we want our pups to be raised properly, continuing along the same path that we started with them.
8) This guarantee does not cover any common puppy ailments such as worms, coccidia and or giardia, vitamin deficiencies, ear infections, any viral, bacterial diseases, disorders brought on by parasites, the development of disqualifying faults, diseases, or disorders, which are due to the BUYER's negligence, chance, or environmental conditions such as missing or misaligned adult teeth, Vaccinosis, Cancer, Addisons, Digestive disorders, Bloat and Allergies. The BUYER is responsible for any & all medical or legal costs for puppy, as of this day of purchase. BUYER agrees that they understand that the BREEDER is not responsible for the BUYER'S actions and or decision making in regards to Puppy’s care, including any medical care or procedures, legal issues, or anything effecting this puppy once it leaves the BREEDER'S hands on care. The BREEDER is not liable for any costs that result from BUYER'S actions or choices.We can only guarantee against known diseases and issues we can test the parents for. After a puppy leaves our care, we have no idea what they will be subjected to. Have they ingested anything along walks (causing renal failure or Lepto), what have they come into contact with while at a puppy day care (communal dishes, bedding, elimination, correction), or if they have sustained any injuries (such as a blow to the head) broken or sprained limbs leading to other complications, fed fast foods filled with steroids, supplemented with too much of a good thing, daily walks on pesticide sprayed fields or living near or under hydro towers, or are the Puppy parents smokers. Have they been wrongly or over vaccinated once or over the years. Was puppy really stressed and or exercised and then fed. Was puppy coddled when scared or encouraged to be aggressive, either intentionally or not. As you can see the list goes on and on. It would be difficult as breeders to guarantee against anything we do not have full control over and what we are willing to guarantee for is listed in our Purchase agreement.
9) The Breeder has provided daily care for pups and mother since birth including proper nutrition, mental and sensory stimulation through various toys newly introduced daily and environmental surfaces, as well as Biosensor stimulation to help ensure that our pups are all happy, confident, socialized, adjusted pups. Breeder had puppy Vet inspected healthy and received a Health Certificate to attest to this fact, that was issued within hours or 10 days of receiving puppy. Breeder has permanently identified puppy with the RFID Microchip which are the latest ISO standard FDXB format approved by the Canadian Kennel Club and The National Companion Animal Coalition. Breeder has provided Buyer with extensive Owner's Manual, registration papers (up to buyer not to loose) and helpful puppy package. Breeder is always available for the lifetime of the puppy for any questions, Buyer may have.
I, the Buyer have read this contract and understand fully the contents thereof and acknowledge receipt of it. We are not relying on verbal statements not contained herein. Should the BUYER choose to break any of the covenants of this Agreement, the guarantee will be null and void.
PUPPY’S DATE OF BIRTH:_______________________ PRICE:___________________ SEX:______________
BREED:__________________ COLOUR:________________________ PURCHASE DATE:________________
MICROCHIP NUMBER: ___________________________________________________
SIGNATURE OF BUYER:________________________________________ DATE:_______________________
SIGNATURE OF BIJOU BREEDER: _______________________________ DATE: _______________________