A BIT ABOUT CONTRACTS
WE HAVE COMPLETED EVERY CONCLUSIVE HEALTH SCREENING AVAILABLE
AND AS THEY COME AVAILABLE, ON OUR POODLE PARENTS, MORE THAN ANY OTHER BREEDER
AND THIS IS THE BEST GUARANTEE ANY BREEDER CAN OFFER.
On each of our Poodle's individual web page, is a link to their OFA and DNA health screening
*Click to view example of testing
We also individually list each health test on their page below that link
Please view them to know what your puppy is protected against getting or having wrong with them.
After your puppy leaves our home, we have no control over what pesticides (i.e. flea, tick and heart worm)
or vaccines (laden with metals and other harmful chemicals, Lepto, Corona, Bordetella, Lyme)
poisoning our pups with yearly vaccinations against current Dr. Jean Dodd's protocol we keep updated on our page
or injuries (running into other dogs, trees, people or kids sustaining head trauma, kicked by horses)
falling down stairs, slipping constantly on hard wood floors or tiled floors, causing hip or knee injuries.
Radiation from hydro, ingestion of chemicals, or bad Food/Feeding choices causing maldevelopment
or even abuse (Groomers, Visitors, Children) leading to head injury, throat injury or even neurological issues.
Choices and incidences caused by Owners that can harm our puppy and or adversely
effect the maturity and health of our otherwise healthy pups.
WE offer extensive information, and lifetime support, to aid our puppy people, in raising healthy Poodles and this still gets ignored.
As a result, we will not be held responsible, for any illness or disease we can not
DNA or OFA health screen their parents for.
We have kept pups out of each of our Breedings AND for generations, which is a true testament to the
Looks, Health, Size, Colour, Temperament and Longevity of our Poodles, if raised following our protocol.
BUY HEALTH INSURANCE.
Bijou Poodles are not responsible, for any medical bills you choose to agree to.
2) Buyer will send Bijou a photo of the puppy at one year of age, which
will be of digital quality that Bijou can use for advertising purposes.
Understand that unless you specify otherwise, all photos sent to us
will become our property and may be displayed on our Facebook album or web page.
3) The Buyer agrees that if at any time or for any reason they cannot keep the pup/dog, they must notify Bijou Standard Poodles who will always take the puppy back or offer to aid in his/her placement.We know that sometimes unforeseen circumstances may lead to the possibility
Registration papers were provided at time of purchase either in hand or
in the bottom of the cage that puppy was shipped in OR will follow in the mail.
It is up to Buyer to transfer the papers into the Buyers names should Buyer wish to do so.
"K-Lar" prefix is to remain on our brown puppies and "Bijou" prefix is to remain on our red puppies. All our pet puppies are sold with "limited" registration papers. Bijou is not responsible for any further registration process costs, or in obtaining any other organizations registration papers.
5) Buyer will not vaccinate for Rabies in combination with any other
vaccine. Buyer agrees to never vaccinate their puppy with a Rabies Vaccine before 6 months of age. Buyer agrees to never Vaccinate
within 2 weeks of the puppy having any kind of surgical procedure, or if there
is even the slightest question that puppy may be ill.
Buyer will notify Breeder immediately should a Vet say puppy is in need of any surgery or medical treatments are recommended BEFORE surgery or treatments are done.
Agreement will be void, if owner Vaccinates puppy yearly, vaccinates yearly for Rabies
or vaccinates for Lepto and or Corona (SORRY NO EXCEPTIONS)
We follow Dr. Jean Dodd's protocol on Vaccinations: Vaccines
6) Buyer agrees to provide routine veterinary care for the puppy including vaccinations as per Dr. Jean Dodd's protocol or protocals, routine worm checks and to keep records of such care should Owner have to return the puppy for replacement. Owner understands agreement will be void if owner fails to provide routine veterinary care, if puppy is sold, bred, transferred or injured by accident or neglect or if any of the terms of this agreement are not followed.We have heard of instances where a puppy was returned to a breeder that had a broken leg. We have had a puppy returned to us and soon discovered something was wrong with it and our Vet discovered it had a brain injury from a blow to the head. As a breeder the only control we have over our pups care to ensure they are treated well and cared for properly is when they are in our own care. The next best thing is to receive records from your Vet that will at least offer us some sort of record of what medically owners have done for their pet.
7) We highly recommend Buyer take and graduate from a Basic Obedience Class
taught by an accredited Trainer (CAPPDT) or School
and by AKC or CKC or UKC Clubs and or trainers who have AKC, UKC or CKC titles on the dogs that they own.
The Owner will assume any further medical and legal costs involved in caring and maintaining the puppy as of the day of purchase. We would be happy to review any online information for schools or trainers you are considering.
8) This guarantee does not cover any common puppy ailments such as worms, coccidia and or giardia, vitamin deficiencies, ear infections, any viral, bacterial diseases, disorders brought on by parasites, the development of disqualifying faults, diseases, or disorders, which are due to the BUYER's negligence, chance, or environmental conditions such as missing or misaligned adult teeth, Vaccinosis, Cancer, Addisons, Digestive disorders, Bloat and Allergies. The BUYER is responsible for any & all medical or legal costs for puppy, as of this day of purchase. BUYER agrees that they understand that the BREEDER is not responsible for the BUYER'S actions and or decision making in regards to Puppy’s care, including any medical care or procedures, legal issues, or anything effecting this puppy once it leaves the BREEDER'S hands on care. The BREEDER is not liable for any costs that result from BUYER'S actions or choices.We can only guarantee against known diseases and issues we can test the parents for. After a puppy leaves our care, we have no idea what they will be subjected to. Have they ingested anything along walks (causing renal failure or Lepto), what have they come into contact with while at a puppy day care (communal dishes, bedding, elimination, correction), or if they have sustained any injuries (such as a blow to the head) broken or sprained limbs leading to other complications, fed fast foods filled with steroids, supplemented with too much of a good thing, daily walks on pesticide sprayed fields or living near or under hydro towers, or are the Puppy parents smokers. Have they been wrongly or over vaccinated once or over the years. Was puppy really stressed and or exercised and then fed. Was puppy coddled when scared or encouraged to be aggressive, either intentionally or not. As you can see the list goes on and on. It would be difficult as breeders to guarantee against anything we do not have full control over and what we are willing to guarantee for is listed in our Purchase agreement.
9) The Breeder has provided daily care for pups and mother since birth including proper nutrition, mental and sensory stimulation through various toys newly introduced daily and environmental surfaces, as well as Biosensor stimulation to help ensure that our pups are all happy, confident, socialized, adjusted pups. Breeder had puppy Vet inspected healthy and received a Health Certificate to attest to this fact, that was issued within hours or 10 days of receiving puppy. Breeder has permanently identified puppy with the RFID Microchip which are the latest ISO standard FDXB format approved by the Canadian Kennel Club and The National Companion Animal Coalition. Breeder has provided Buyer with extensive Owner's Manual, registration papers (up to buyer not to loose) and helpful puppy package. Breeder is always available for the lifetime of the puppy for any questions, Buyer may have.
I, the Buyer have read this contract and understand fully the contents thereof and acknowledge receipt of it. We are not relying on verbal statements not contained herein. Should the BUYER choose to break any of the covenants of this Agreement, the guarantee will be null and void.
PUPPY’S DATE OF BIRTH:_______________________ PRICE:___________________ SEX:______________
BREED:__________________ COLOUR:________________________ PURCHASE DATE:________________
MICROCHIP NUMBER: ___________________________________________________
SIGNATURE OF BUYER:________________________________________ DATE:_______________________
SIGNATURE OF BIJOU BREEDER: _______________________________ DATE: _______________________